- RSS Channel Showcase 3317335
- RSS Channel Showcase 6395459
- RSS Channel Showcase 2192131
- RSS Channel Showcase 4991268
Articles on this Page
- 12/08/17--02:26: _Income Tax dept sus...
- 12/08/17--06:47: _CBI books customs o...
- 12/08/17--07:14: _CBI books NTPC Dire...
- 12/08/17--21:48: _397 ‘crorepati’ can...
- 12/08/17--22:32: _PM Modi wishes Soni...
- 12/09/17--00:33: _Acid test for Modi ...
- 12/09/17--03:21: _Drinking wine can m...
- 12/09/17--05:54: _Panama Papers: ED s...
- 12/09/17--06:43: _68% voting in phase...
- 12/09/17--08:31: _Govt hints at revie...
- 12/10/17--23:12: _Pradeep Singh Kharo...
- 12/11/17--01:30: _Pak asks PM Modi to...
- 12/11/17--02:11: _Delhi-NCR 84th most...
- 12/11/17--02:39: _Tendulkar to PM: In...
- 12/11/17--02:49: _Rahul Gandhi electe...
- 12/11/17--07:12: _Coaches for disable...
- 12/11/17--07:41: _No boy will marry g...
- 12/11/17--20:02: _Govt trying best to...
- 12/08/17--02:26: Income Tax dept suspends Deputy Commissioner for harassing taxpayer
- 12/08/17--06:47: CBI books customs officer in disproportionate assets case
- 12/08/17--07:14: CBI books NTPC Director-Finance for graft, searches residence
- 12/08/17--21:48: 397 ‘crorepati’ candidates in fray for Gujarat polls
- 12/08/17--22:32: PM Modi wishes Sonia Gandhi on her birthday
- 12/09/17--00:33: Acid test for Modi as Gujarat votes in first stage of election
- 12/09/17--03:21: Drinking wine can make you smarter
- 12/09/17--05:54: Panama Papers: ED seizes assets linked to former IPL chairman
- 12/09/17--06:43: 68% voting in phase-1 of Gujarat polls: EC
- 12/09/17--08:31: Govt hints at reviewing rates in top 28% GST bracket
- 12/10/17--23:12: Pradeep Singh Kharola takes over as Air India CMD
- 12/11/17--01:30: Pak asks PM Modi to stop dragging its into electoral debate
- 12/11/17--02:11: Delhi-NCR 84th most expensive office location globally: Report
- 12/11/17--02:39: Tendulkar to PM: Include intl medallists in CGHS scheme
- 12/11/17--02:49: Rahul Gandhi elected as Congress president
- 12/11/17--20:02: Govt trying best to clear backlog of promotions: Union Minister
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department has suspended a Deputy Commissioner for harassing a taxpayer and allegedly demanding “illegal gratification”, the finance ministry said today. “The Department has zero tolerance to such malpractices and corruption. Pending investigation, the officer has since been placed under suspension… The matter is under investigation,” the ministry said in a […]
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today registered a case of disproportionate assets against an officer of the Central Excise and Customs Department. A case has been registered against the officer, Parmanand Singaria, under the Prevention of Corruption Act for amassing disproportionate assets to the tune Rs 24.64 lakh between November 2013 to October […]
New Delhi: The CBI has booked the Director (Finance) of the state-run power utility NTPC Limited, along with two others, in connection with a case pertaining to corruption, and carried out search at his residence at Asian Games Village here, agency officials said today. The agency has registered an FIR against NTPC’s Kulamani Biswal, BGR […]
Ahmedabad: As many as 397 crorepati candidates are in the fray for the Gujarat assembly elections, an analysis of their election affidavits done by two NGOs has found. Of the total 1,828 candidates trying their luck in the two-phased Assembly polls, 1,098 nominees have passed class 12 or below. Also, there are only 118 women […]
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday extended greetings to Congress President Sonia Gandhi on her 71st birthday. Prime Minister Modi took to twitter and wished for her long life and good health. “Birthday greetings to Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi. I pray for her long life and good health,” read PM Modi’s tweets. […]
Surendranagar: Tens of thousands of people voted in the first stage of assembly elections in Gujarat on Saturday, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi faces his toughest electoral test since coming to power with a landslide victory in 2014. Modi has himself led the campaign to ensure that his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) retains power in […]
London: You would have probably heard that red wine is good for health, right? And now here’s another reason to raise a toast as according to an expert, it can also make your brain function more efficiently. According to Yale neuroscientist, Gordon Shepherd, drinking wine stimulates more grey matter in the brain than solving math […]
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) today said it has seized mutual funds valued at Rs 10.35 crore under the FEMA law of a company “controlled” by businessman and former IPL Chairman Chirayu Amin in the Panama Papers case. The central probe agency said it seized mutual funds of Whitefield Chemtech Private Limited, “which is […]
New Delhi: Sixty eight per cent polling was recorded in the first phase of Gujarat polls, Senior Deputy Election Commissioner Unmesh Sinha said today. Eightynine seats out of the total of 182 Assembly constituencies went to polls in the first phase with prominent candidates like Chief Minister Vijay Rupani (Rajkot West), Congress’ Shaktisinh Gohil (Mandvi) […]
Mumbai: After slashing the GST rates of over 200 items last month, the government on Saturday hinted at reviewing levies on the items in the top 28 percent tax bracket. On November 10, the GST Council, headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, had lowered Goods and Services Tax (GST) rates on over 200 items, ranging […]
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Pradeep Singh Kharola today took charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India. Kharola assumed charge from Rajiv Bansal. A 1985-batch Karnataka cadre officer, Kharola would be steering the national carrier at a time when the government has started the process for its strategic disinvestment. He was the […]
Islamabad: Islamabad has asked India to stop dragging Pakistan into its electoral debate. Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokesperson Dr. Mohammad Faisal on Monday tweeted that “India should stop dragging Pakistan into its electoral debate and win victories on own strength rather than fabricated conspiracies, which are utterly baseless and irresponsible.” While addressing an election rally in […]
New Delhi: Delhi-NCR is ranked 84th in the list of most expensive office locations in the world with an annual cost of USD 5,392 (over Rs 3.5 lakh) per workstation, according to property consultant Cushman & Wakefield. Hong Kong emerged as the most expensive location with an annual cost of USD 27,431 per workstation, followed […]
New Delhi: Legendary Sachin Tendulkar has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, requesting him to include all international medallists in Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS). Talking about the plight that elite sportspersons go through when facing health issues, Tendulkar in his letter cited the example of Hockey Olympic gold medallist Mohammed Shahid’s last days. “I […]
New Delh: Rahul Gandhi has been elected unopposed as Congress president, party’s central election authority head Mullappally Ramachandran announced here today. Rahul Gandhi will collect the certificate formally declaring his ascension to the post on December 16, he told reporters here. The 47-year-old scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family was the lone candidate in the fray. […]
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today pulled up the Railways for placing coaches for the disabled at both ends of the train, saying there could be no justification for such a move but for “commercial interests”. The court was also annoyed with the Railways for not implementing the recommendations of a committee appointed by […]
Gorakhpur: Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD) and former Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh on Monday made headlines with his statement stating that ‘no boy will be ready to marry a girl who comes to the mandap (wedding stage) in jeans.’ Singh stirred a controversy while addressing a gathering of students at the […]
New Delhi: The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Jitendra Singh on Monday said the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) is trying its best to clear the backlog of promotions which had accumulated for several years. He said while the Government led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi […]